If you are looking for light duty picker truck safety training in Alberta you are at the right place.
We will provide your company with safety training for all LIGHT DUTY crane operators in Alberta, Saskatchewan and B.C.
We don’t provide certification for any crane larger than 8-tons (Alberta standard), or 5.5 Tons in Saskatchewan.
Our light duty Picker truck Certification in Alberta program is recognized by ALL major operators and other industries in Canada, as well as OHS and many insurance companies.
- Certification is required on ALL crane types lifting more than 2,000kg (first pick on the load chart), by OHS standards
- IF your picker lifts more than 8-tons in Alberta (the first pick on the load chart), you must be an indentured operator (apprentice or journeyperson), per Alberta boom truck standards. You can read more about that HERE.
- IF you have a winch installed on your picker and the winch is capable of a single part line pull of 5-tons or more, you are required to have an indentured operator (apprentice or journeyperson), at the controls of the crane. You can read more about that HERE.
- If you are a business owner and you are looking for picker truck certification in Alberta for your operators, please contact us HERE.
- If you are a business owner, your picker training may provide an insurance premium reduction, contact your insurance company to discuss this with them. Some offer that, some do not.
- We only provide on-site training for companies with groups of 3 to 11 operators in a single day (for basic certification)
- We do not provide individual operator certification
- Individual operators may not attend another companies training program due to their HSE and site insurance policies.
We have been providing picker operator certification for the past 9 years in Alberta and work with a large base of customers, training on folding boom (HIAB) cranes, Carry deck cranes, Mechanic service cranes and more.
See our training programs HERE Simply click on the tab “CRANE SAFETY PROGRAMS” and choose the type of picker you have and the training you require.
We will be combining our program to create the following picker certification program:
- 1-day basic crane certification
- 2-day intermediate crane certification (1 day crane, 1-day crane control)
- 3-day advanced crane operations (days 1 and 2 above), and a full day of rigging certification.
For more information on this advanced program, pricing, time-frame, etc. please contact us HERE.